Monday, October 17, 2011

The Son of Neptune



Finished reading this just last night. A very interesting second book in the series. It was nice to be back in Percy's shoes I've got to say. As much as I was annoyed by him in the early stages of the first series, I'm that much more fond of him now. He's finally got his head in the game. Plus, the two other narrators, Hazel and Frank, are good additions to the growing group of demigods.

I've gotta say, Rick Riordan has weaved quite a tangled web amongst these young people. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out. The introduction of the harpie Ella, who memorized these ancient scrolls of prophecy, is an excellent idea. She talks in riddles and most of the stuff she says is either extremely important or a great literary allusion. Plus, the whispered lines of a prophecy involving Annabeth will no doubt be answered in the next installment called...

The Mark of Athena, due at your local bookstore Fall 2012.

Sigh. I also learned via Wikipedia that this is to be a series of five with one out each year. Meaning Book Four in Fall 2013, and Book Five in Fall 2014.

Patience is a virtue I do not possess. Especially with cliffhanger endings. I will look forward to this one extra because Annabeth is my favorite character and it will be a treat to see things in her POV. But who will the other two POVs be? Or will it switch between all of the seven halfbloods needed to complete the second Great Prophecy? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment